Wednesday, August 29, 2007

my sister lizzy has arrived


There have been many times in my life when I have really missed having a sister around. For example, I hate watching movies alone and there are certain movies that Matt will just refuse to watch. The following movies can only be watched with certain sisterly female companions:


A Room With A View

Pride and Prejudice (A&E version, with Colin Firth)

Dirty Dancing

Reality Bites

Empire Records

Legally Blonde

Troop Beverly Hills (yes, that's right)


And this list doesn't even get into the sleazy television shows that I can only watch with a female companion (Sex and the City, What Not to Wear, the OC etc.). I love how you can call up a sister whenever and not feel wierd about it. If you want someone to go with you on a long shopping quest for a certain pink dress required by a certain brother's wedding, a sister is the perfect candidate. Or if you just really feel like going out to lunch at your favorite sushi place, she is always up for it. Maybe you've had something really crappy happen to you; Who do you call? Your sis of course.


I am so happy that my wonderful sister Liz has moved out here (yeah!) as of yesterday. It makes living in Utah much more bearable.


9 comments:

Becca Ricks said...

aww I'm glad you're so happy I arrived!!

<3<3<3

hahahaha

Anonymous said...

Celeste, I'll watch Empire Records with you. I love that movie. We can have popcorn and snuggle.

familia Bybaran said...

I LOVE troop beverly hills!It is sooo great to live near sisters. That's so great for you two. Shima is still living a few blocks from me in the city and Hediyeh just moved out last week (she's about to start med school). Yay! So happy we are together. Unfortunately my sisters refuse to watch sex and the city with me. Maybe I can borrow some of yours.

celeste said...

Becca, I'm happy you are here too, but unfortunately not as close!

Becca Ricks said...

so happy you said it twice!

I'll watch any of those shows with you. Chances are, I probably really like them : )

Ellen said...

Hey Matt, I'll have you know Scott loves Room with a View and thinks it's very deep. As an English teacher, you should be able to look past the bathing/frolicking scenes to the deeper themes.

ali said...

Congrats on the sista! I can totally relate, as of one month ago.

I can't believe that Matt won't watch OC with you. I think he and Cohen would hit it off.

Lane said...

Yay for you, Celeste! Meanwhile, I've lost my sister (and apparently yours too) to SLC. What's the deal with the exodus from NYC?

Enjoy the sister time. It's the best.

Liz Stanley said...

yeah!!! what a sweet post. i'm so excited to be so close to you too.