Monday, September 24, 2007

first week of fall




I had such an enjoyable week! It included all kinds of fall-y moments. Here is my favorites list:

1. Canning peaches with my sister, Liz, for the first time.


2. Meandering at the farmer's market and purchasing the following delectables: large tub of frozen sour pie-cheeries, wild chanterelle mushrooms, and four organic grass-fed beef tenderloin cuts.


3. Partaking of Matt's saucier skills, especially his delicious chanterelle/sherry sauce.


4. Unearthing our winter down comforter from the back of the closet.


5. Waves of nostalgia after visiting my sister Becca in her BYU dorm.


6. Enjoying my Spanish-speaking patients in our Centering pregnancy class this week (we practiced labor positions and had a lot of laughs).


7. The smell of rain while waiting for the bus after a long night and two great births.

8. Not fall-related but fun nonetheless: Live RadioWest broadcast at the Capitol Theater and Charlie Chaplin film.

4 comments:

ali said...

Ah, man. Wish I would have known about No. 8. :(

Your photos are so pretty!

Becca Ricks said...

great pictures Celeste (are they yours??)! I'm glad we could get together last week and do a little shopping.

jamieanne said...

I turned on the heater a few nights ago. Love the smell of the first heating of the house. All cabin-ey and cozy. Your unearthing of the down comforter totally reminded me of that.

Lane said...

I love fall in Utah! I love fall here, too. Well, I just love fall. I also loved your list.

AND I love hearing about your births/birthing classes etc. Would you ever let us write in questions about lady things? "Ask Babycatcher"? What do you think?