Saturday, December 15, 2007

baby hank


I stole this picture from my sister Liz's blog, because it captured the exact look baby Hank had on Thursday when I stopped by to kiss his sweet face. Doesn't he look like he is just about to say something very wise and profound? Maybe something like: "Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter." If you guessed that last quote was from Yoda, correct would you be.

Liz had an emergency C-section, four weeks early, due to the baby's worsening heart problem. Because I deliver babies at the same hospital and she has been seeing another midwife in my practice for her pregnancy, I had the priviledge of being in the OR, taking pictures as little Hank was born. He's been doing great since they were able to correct his irregular heart rhythm, and now he is home and breastfeeding like a champ. Liz says he always latches on perfectly when I'm around just so he can show off to his midwife-auntie how smart he is. I've always loved my nieces and nephews on Matt's side of the family, but there is something about my own sister having a kid . . . the love is automatic.

9 comments:

Ellen said...

Congratulations! He does look wise. I love how you quote Yoda's WHOLE speech, not just a snippet.
I hope Henry's doing well. He obviously didn't want to wait AN ENTIRE YEAR for the next Christmas.

Liz Stanley said...

baby hank loves you too and is super excited for his first outing out of the house tonight for sunday dinner at your place!

Katrina said...

haha
and where did this baby hank nickname come from.. its very catchy!
i mean...a catchy nickname, it is

See you in less than a week, I will.
Love you very much, I do.

familia Bybaran said...

I totally agree Celeste. There is something very different about your sister's kids. I love all my nieces and nephews, but Shima's kids feel like they are my own. Enjoy little Hank. He is adorable.

Deborah Barlow said...

Celeste, I didn't realize you were there when Henry was born. That's bonding for life in my book. Lucky you.

jamieanne said...

You are so so funny.

e said...

There is something about the sister's kids. I'm with them right now. I ask them several times a day, "Who is your best friend." If I'm not the answer, I get a little upset :)

e said...

I'm not Buff's computer, so my comment posted as hers.
Traci

Lane said...

Aww...nephews are the best. He does look very wise. Congrats to Liz (and to you)!