Friday, October 10, 2008

the 9 lb 11 oz time-sucker


Taking care of an infant is a real time-sucker. Case in point: I just took a shower and got dressed today and it is a little past 1 pm! Now that we are almost through with week three, the body is feeling good, sleep is still few and far between, but overall I think we are adjusting pretty well to a family of three. I know infants aren't supposed to smile yet, but I swear Gigi has looked right at me twice and given me a big cheesy, gummy smile. She definitely lets you know what she wants, and usually what she wants is food all the time. We went to the pediatrician on Monday, and "little" Gigi weighs 9 lbs 11 oz! How's that for a good eater. Here are some more pictures:


"Look deep into my eyes, deeper, deeper. You will love me and take care of me OR . . . "


"I will gum you with my incredibly lethal gummy-bite!"



Puffy hair after a bath





Baby Nanook is whistling for her dog-sled team to take her back to the Artic.





Meeting Great-Grandma Rasmussen.



10 comments:

Amanda, Curtis, Ellis, Hugh, Rhys, Graham, Sylvia said...

Oh, 1 pm comes quickly!

Great Grandma Rasmussen is SOOOO good with babies. She just coos and coos.

Thanks for the pics. Hugh just turned 8 months today and he is 21 lbs. He's big! But it feels great to have a baby with chubs, yes? Good work, Celeste!

Deborah Barlow said...

Is Baby Nanook coming to Spencer's wedding? I'm hoping for an East coast unveiling sometime soon...

Unknown said...

congrats, celeste! she has some great hair and i was laughing out loud at your captions! great name, beautiful child!

Ye Stewart Clan said...

Mmmmm. She is so yummy. I know what you mean about time-sucking and sleep deprivation. Those first weeks are amazing but such an adjustment.

Anonymous said...

She's a perfect armful! And the newborn stuff does end and it just get's better. I had to laugh out loud about Amanda's comment about Huge and 21 lbs. My babies were about 21 lbs until they are about three! Finn is actually close to 21 lbs and he's almost 20 months! Sigh.

familia Bybaran said...

She is so adorable, Celeste. Seriously. That hair is wonderful and her little face is perfect. Congratulations again. I would love to meet her one day.

Dave Thomas said...

She's okay. I feel I could probably beat her up, if it came to that. Not saying it will.

Ann Marie said...

Congrats on the baby!!!! I was just in NYC visiting my cousin and his wife and daughter...whom I found out you know! Ryan, Bea, and Olive Ward!

We watched "The Business of Being Born"...and I thought, "I know Celeste is a midwife...I want her to catch my baby when the time comes." Anyway, I voiced this aloud, and we found our connection! Small world.

loves,
ann whittaker (cj's wife, if you're not quite clear on who I am)

Emily said...

Celestial, I just want to touch her hair. SPeaking of which, are you still loving your cute cute bangs cause I'm thinking about cutting mine the rest of the way since they are practically there now.

Ps. she is lovely.

pps. so are you

celeste said...

Ann--I love the random connectedness of us all.
Emily--I love my bangs and highly recommend them.