Friday, March 20, 2009

all night long

Last night we evicted the Geege from our room. She turns 6 months tommorow, and I suddenly felt that it was time. Also, I was tired of waking up every 3-4 hours for her midnight snacks (getting enough food has never been a problem for this little lady). Amazingly, she slept from 7pm until 4am. I woke up feeling like a whole new woman. I didn't realize how chronically sleep deprived I had been. It was like putting glasses on for the first time; the world looked so detailed and the colors so rich. I had a smile on my face all morning. I hope she does it again tonight. Could I be so lucky?

4 comments:

Mom said...

Good to hear. I'm impressed you lasted this long. Keep up the good work, Gigi!

Deborah Barlow said...

I'm feeling you sister...And oh BTW, she's becoming even more beguiling with the passage of time.

Matt said...

We are also amazed that she held on to her spot that long. I don't think Emerson even made it 6 days in our room. Glad to hear that you may actually be getting some sleep.

Dansie Family said...

isn't that great. they need there own space as much as we do.