Sunday, November 11, 2007

shine like the top of the chrysler building


Because my call schedule is different every week, it is impossible to have much of a routine. Housecleaning always seems to be the first casualty of my busy schedule. This time I really let things go too far: dust bunnies lurking in every corner, laundry piled high above the basket, and at least a month of grime in the bathroom. Yesterday I rolled up my sleeves and decided to reside in filth no longer. I worked all day, scrubbing, vacuuming and polishing. It is amazing what cleanliness can do for the psyche; I now feel so much less stressed out about work things that are screaming for my attention. I know I won't be able to maintain this de-cluttered existence, but I'll enjoy it for a few days and then the cycle will happen all over again.

6 comments:

Dansie Family said...

i love Meyers laundry soap and air freshener. i will have to try the rest of their line.

Becca Ricks said...

our dorm room is an absolute mess. we don't usually let people in on a regular basis.

jamieanne said...

Funny how cleaning your home somehow cleanses your mind too. That's really the only reason I like it.

Liz Stanley said...

I go crazy when our place is cluttered and dirty- which is exactly how we've been living the last two months during construction!!! I'm at my wits end.

Liz Stanley said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I'm the same way....interesting anti stress technique.