Thursday, April 24, 2008

roomies unite!

My ex-roomates from BYU days reunited this past weekend here in SLC. We were roomates for years in college, but haven't been all together since before I was married (and that is going on 9 years now). Karen, Trish, Ellen and I decided to make it a girls weekend; they flew in from Pennsylvania, Oregon, and NYC just to hang for two days. We all happen to be pregnant too, and due within 3 months of each other. We started off our reunion with breakfast at my house (eggs, croissants, and strawberries), followed by shopping, resting on my couch, French cuisine, and a pedicure. Four imposing pregnant women made quite a scene descending en masse on small boutiques around SLC. It was so great to be able to just pick up where we left off. They are some amazing women. Of course Matt was a gracious man, allowing all that progesterone to take over the house.

Taking a shopping break:

Lounging in my living room:


Pedicures:

6 comments:

Becca Ricks said...

that sounds so fun Celeste! I love friends.

Lane said...

Such a great idea. I had a reunion with my hs friends a few years ago, and it was wonderful to remember how much I like them, and that I like myself when I'm with them.

Ellen said...

So fun. Thanks, Celeste, this was your brain child.

Mom said...

Next time I'm inviting myself. You're right----you ALL are amazing women!

Emily said...

Celestial,

Wow! I love that you all got together, you look fabulous! Please give karen and trish my love next time you talk to them.

Deborah Barlow said...

Victorious Vulvas, great title for this posting. How extraordinary that you are all pregnant at the same time. Feels auspicious to me.