Monday, March 26, 2007

warm weather




All this 70 degree weather lately has made me start longing for the summer. Here are some pictures from our Ricks family beach trip two years ago. I want to particularly point out the Mr. Peanut picture. There is an infamous story in our family of a row that was begun on the ten hour car ride to North Carolina's Outer Banks. Being stir crazy and a little mean we began referring to my brother, Spencer, as Mr. Peanut. He being the small boy he was at the time, took issue with this nickname and a family brawl began. The more pissed he was the more the rest of us laughed. I know, cruel, but memorable nonetheless.


Every year that we go to the beach now, we look for the Mr. Peanut sign. We took the picture in honor of Spencer (as he was on a mission in Chile), and in order not to appear too crazy we took the picture in a drive-by photo op.

3 comments:

Liz Stanley said...

sweeeeet. i love your blog. i hope you post a lot!

Liz Stanley said...

i put a link to your blog on mine!

celeste said...

I don't know if I can deal with the pressure of having my lame blog linked to your cool blog. How do you find the time to post so often?