Wednesday, July 2, 2008

shouts and murmurs

Matt and I have been reading the New Yorker for many years now, and we are always amazed at how un-funny we find the Shouts and Murmurs humor section of the magazine. This past week's issue from June 30 was the exception. We howled with delight at the Simon Rich piece, "Animal Tales." Check it out here. Our online search of Simon Rich then led us to this choice piece, "The Wisdom of Children" found here. Note to those who are pregnant: you will pee your pants. And get this, he is only 23 years old.

4 comments:

Erin M. said...

Celeste, i peed my pants. (am i *gulp* pregnant?)

Anonymous said...

I wasn't prepared for how hard I would laugh. I want his book, Ant Farm.

My favorite lines:
"Dude. Look inside the other bucket."
and:
"Stop all American wars."

Christian said...

If only they saw what we did with frogs...cut their heads off and see them hop around using only reflexes-which I also did while watching TV.

Becca Ricks said...

Christian- that is disgusting!

And Celeste- my favorite story is the one about the frogs