Sunday, November 23, 2008

dance dance

Is anyone else as taken with the new Beyonce video "Single Ladies" as I am? Doesn't it just make you want to memorize her moves? Apparently the inspiration for the video came from a Gwen Verdon act on the Ed Sullivan show.

Ed Sullivan show:


You can check out Beyonce's video here.

Now if only I could get myself in leotard shape by New Year's I could really rule the dance floor (or maybe just my own kitchen). Ricks ladies are you with me?

(BTW, Justin Timberlake's SNL spoof of Beyonce's video is hilarious if you can get it on YouTube before they delete it -- nothin' like a man in a leotard and heels)

8 comments:

Amanda, Curtis, Ellis, Hugh, Rhys, Graham, Sylvia said...

Yay, Gwen Verdon! Not forgotten! One of my favorite numbers of hers is the "Two Lost Souls" dance in Damn Yankees.

Liz Stanley said...

why just the ricks ladies? i think we can learn from j. timberlake that they aren't just girl moves. and i'm pretty sure christian has some sweet dance moves

Ashley said...

hi, i don't know you, but i just HAD to comment on your baby...she is so dang cute. i found your blog thru kristin's. and yes, i love Beyonce's dance.

Anonymous said...

ok, I can totally see you doing this dance baby. I hope Christina still has the prego booty dance--we must post!

celeste said...

Of course you would know who Gwen Verdon was, Amanda! And Mary, I have a sinking feeling that prego-booty-shaking video will haunt me in the future.

Liz Stanley said...

here is hte link to the beyonce/JT version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5qx-MVrXfk

Becca Ricks said...

1. Gwen Verdon is my idol, I believe she was married to Bob Fosse and that's how she got the part of Lola in Damn Yankees? But she was also incredibly talented.

2. I'm in. let's buy matching leopard print leotards.

christina q thomas said...

my friend crystal sent the link for the beyonce video last week and is also obsessed with it. you are not alone!