Saturday, November 22, 2008

laughs

Recent media consumption that made me laugh:

1. I know I'm late to this but I love 30 Rock. Matt and I just got Season 1 at the library. I laughed so hard especially at the "Cleveland" episode.



Don't you love how Alec Baldwin says, "we'd all like to flee to the Cleve?" And I love the musical Cleveland montage (unfortunately I couldn't find this on the internet). Now if only we could move up a little faster in the library hold-queue for Season 2.

2. On a similar note, I enjoyed Terry Gross' interview with Tina Fey on Fresh Air. You can check it out here.

3. I've been catching up on my New Yorker reading since Matt has been otherwise occupied grading endless high school papers on Thoreau. "A Desert Encounter" by John Updike, in the Oct 20 issue made me laugh out loud. I'm not able to link to the text so you're on your own unless you already subscribe to the magazine.

4 comments:

Ellen said...

Welcome to the 30 Rock fan club. Alec Baldwin is priceless.

Liz Stanley said...

oh yes ,30 rock. my favorite show. i like it better than the office

Deborah Barlow said...

Loved the Updike piece, and of course we are also a bonifide 30R household as well. You have good taste buds, Celeste

familia Bybaran said...

I LOVE 30 Rock and just discovered it too. We got Season 1 and I am really excited to start watching.