Friday, November 14, 2008

my baby the cheeseball

Unlike most babies who instantly fall asleep in the car. Gigi HATES the car. She will scream with tears running down her cheeks for a good twenty minutes when I have to go pick Matt up at work. The other day I decided to run through the radio stations to see if it would make her stop. When I got to FM 100, the station that plays continual Christmas music from Halloween until Christmas, she instantly stopped crying and appeared to be listening. I tried it again the following day with the same result. Matt is beside himself. The verdict is in: Our daughter is a cheeseball.

Smiles:






Whigging-out with the camera flash:






8 comments:

Amanda, Curtis, Ellis, Hugh, Rhys, Graham, Sylvia said...

Curtis and I used to have to drive down the road making non-stop spitting/raspberry noises.

Oh, sweet little Gig.

Ellen said...

She could certainly baby model with all that adult hair.
It's okay, Gigi. Christmas cheese calms me down too.

Anonymous said...

Hi - long time lurker here. You have the dang cutest baby. She reminds me of my own sweet daughter(who is 13 now), the hair! The cheeks! Oh so familiar. Anywho, as babes my boys loved the car, my daughter on the other hand screamed, and screamed, and screamed. Turns out - she gets incredibly car sick. Still does. I finally figured it out when even short trips to the library story time made her barf - and long trips, lets just say they were (are) miserable for both of us. School field trip on a bus to the pumkin patch with a bunch of kindergarteners... Premedicated with dramamine. Anyway, I am not sure how to help a baby with this, I just thought I would pass on what took me several *duh* years to figure out.

Deborah Barlow said...

Hilarious! LOL. And I don't believe this phase will last. Her parents are way too cool to have a sentimental child with bad taste in music.

Christian said...

Hate to say it Celeste but you were always the cheese ball of the family. You would walk around the house on Christmas morning with a lit candle to gather us all so we could experience Christmas morning together. Your hips may not lie but your genes never do.

celeste said...

Touche, cbr. Touche.

Liz Stanley said...

gigi gave me the cutest smiles today! (aren't you all jealous?)

Fritz said...

Dude, she is channeling baby Soaf! When Soaf was around this same age and season (born in Aug.) we had to sing constant Christmas carols to her in the car to keep her from crying. Only it lasted way past the holiday season. We were singing well into the spring. P.S. The pics on the latest post are amazingly cute!