Friday, June 1, 2007

dr. teeth


I finally got up the gumption and went to the the dentist this morning. I know it's gross and a little embarrassing, but I haven't been to the dentist since 1999, the year I got married. Now I am a good brusher and flosser, but I still was dreading the visit and expecting dire news about gum disease, tooth decay and cavities on every tooth. For the first few years of our marriage I didn't go because we didn't have any dental insurance and we were poor. For our years in NYC, I didn't go because we never really got around to finding a dentist and we were still pretty poor, although we did have some dental insurance at the time. Then for our first year and a half in Utah we had no insurance again. For our last two years in Utah, my only excuse for not going to the dentist has been dread of dire consequences and expensive procedures. Weak, I know. So I went to a new dentist this morning and it wasn't so bad. He and his staff were all great; they told me I had excellent dental hygiene, good mouth health, and they gave me free dental products. To top it all off, I only have ONE CAVITY!!! Stock it up to good genetics, good habits, good luck--I don't know--but I am pleased (we'll see how well Matt fares when he has his visit).

4 comments:

ali said...

I can only hope that Curtis is blessed with such luck when he finally decides to head to the dentist.

I don't think he's been since '99 either! I, on the other hand, have to go too often. Weak teeth. :(

Becca Ricks said...

Celeste, until I went last summer to get my chipped tooth fixed, I hadn't been to the dentist for four years. Guess Mom forgot. And guess what? Nothing was wrong with my teeth at all.

celeste said...

Wow, Becca. How was prom BTW? Did you post pics on your blog?

Becca Ricks said...

it was fun...I'll try to put up some pictures from prom!