Friday, June 1, 2007

tandoori bbq


Matt and I had friends over for our first BBQ of the summer. Everything was delicious, from the tandoori chicken and veggie kabobs, to the curry and walnut/blue cheese salad. Thanks all you who came bearing food! For those of you who don't have a good tandoori marinade recipe, here is mine:


1 c. plain yogurt

2-3 Tbsp canola oil

2 tsp garlic, minced

2 tsp ginger, minced

1 tsp ground coriander

1 tsp ground cayenne pepper

1 tsp garam masala

1/2 tsp tumeric

1/2 tsp salt

1 Tbsp yellow food coloring

1 1/2 tsp red food coloring


Marinate chicken in the above mixture for 4 hours. I use organic chicken thighs, legs or both because I think they taste the best. Then grill to perfection. I also use some of this marinade to baste on veggie kabobs. My favorite veggie kabobs include: onions, cherry tomatoes, cremini mushrooms, zuchinni, and bell peppers. Enjoy!

6 comments:

jamieanne said...

Oh Celeste, you are too too kind. Sharing of recipes as delicious as this is downright dangerous!

marta said...

That was the perfect first-of-summer BBQ. Thanks for the wonderful food, service, company, etc. I especially loved the veggie kabobs. mmmm..

ali said...

I loved everything.

Thanks so much for sharing the recipe. Am definitely going to use it. And soon.

Where do you buy your organic chicken? I noticed that your chicken seemed better than the kind I usually buy.

celeste said...

Smith's carries the organic boneless skinless thighs that I used. I find the organic chicken tastes much better.

Lane said...

Thanks Matt and Celeste for a great barbecue. I'm still waiting for the pics of the drama friend Matt promised!

Becca Ricks said...

I added a new picture...since you objected so much to the one I had!